Listening Guide for Worship Service 10-11-20
“Love always protects”
1 Cor. 13:7
(This message is online at: nwbcspringfield.com) - Use this listening guide as you watch the video worship services online. This will also have questions you can use with your connect group.
1 Cor 13:7 – says – “Love always ________________…”
Paul uses an interesting word for “protects” – the word is “___________” – it comes from a root word that means “_____________________”
1. We Must Protect ______________House
2. We must protect __________________house
Paul tells Timothy – Right ___________and Right____________________will protect the church
1. Protecting the ___________of this house
2. Protect your ____________ and _______________of this house
3. Protect this house by _____________with one another in _____
4.Protecting this house – means I share the ______________ of this house
5. Protect this house – by __________ in the ministry of this house
6. Protect this house – by __________________ to this house
3. Protect people who _____________ have a house
ICEBREAKER——What are some ways you protected your children?
APPLY THE BIBLE - Read John 13:35 – What do you learn about love from THAT verse?
Q1—Share an example from your life—when love protected you?
Q2— Think of ways to protect your friends and work associates ? Share some of those ways you might do that .
Q3—. do we leave the door open – to the internet – what’s on your screen – what’s on the kid’s screen – what part of the world has come into your house through the internet……???
Q4—List one way you protect your house, and one way you protect His Church, and one way you protect your neighbors (not just people who live next to you—but people in need)?
A LITTLE LOVE HOMEWORK:
Pray for the testimony of those you love to remain unsoiled and fresh in their walk with Christ. Pray for the Holy Spirit to protect well-meaning loved ones from straying away from God’s best in relationships. Furthermore, pray for protection from yourself. If not careful, you can talk yourself into almost anything. Sometimes, you can become your own worst enemy, so pray for protection for yourself, and be accountable.
· CHANCE TO SERVE --- Have you and your group determined how you will serve during LOVE WEEK? Discuss what kinds of events would fit your Group. Yes, you can participate in more than one outreach if that works for your Group! Thank you for your hearts of compassion towards our “neighbors.”