Listening Guide for Worship Service 3-22-20
"Case for Christ #1"
If you would like a hard copy to use as you listen to the message. Copy & Paste the text and print it.
(This series is online at: nwbcspringfield.com) - Use this listening guide as you watch the video worship services online. This will also have questions you can use with your connect group.
he wanted to establish the case _________________ Christ
this man from Ethiopia had hit a ____________________ sticking point
he was on a ___________________________ journey, but he was on a ___________________________ journey as well
Spiritual Sticking Point #1: I Can’t ___________________
John 20:25 “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”
Jeremiah 29:13 “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
Spiritual Sticking Point #2: I Don’t Want to _________________
______________issues often get in the way of a person’s spiritual journey
their true spiritual sticking point is not a _________________ problem; it’s a __________________ problem
a similar kind of hidden obstacle: the fear of ___________________.
variation of this spiritual sticking point is a hidden ______________ obstacle
Spiritual Sticking Point #3: I Don’t Know What to ________________
Spiritual Sticking Point #4: I Do Believe; Isn’t That __________________?
James 2:19 “You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.” There’s a simple spiritual equation that flows out of John 1:12: Believe + Receive = ___________________.
Reflection and Discussion
1. Does someone in your group have a copy of the movie “The Case for Christ?” - During the week have each group member watch the movie. Here is a Netflix link—
2. Have you ever had a conversation with someone who did not believe or refused to hear about Jesus Christ?
3. Look at the spiritual sticking points Pastor Paul pointed out: Can you add more spiritual sticking points that you have heard or encountered?
4. What was the turning point for the Ethiopian in Acts chapter 8? What was the turning point for you to believe on Jesus?
5. React to the statement “their true spiritual sticking point is not a knowledge problem; it’s a lifestyle problem.”
6. Why is believing not enough?
7. Where are you on the journey of investigating the Case for Christ? What obstacles stand in your way?
8. As your group closes in prayer: ask each group member to pray for another group member.